Re: [pyrnet] chat: Pyr hair

The miracle and joy of correct Pyrenees coat!  :)

Go to our Pyr Info page listed below and then scroll down to our list of
links.  Go to the Official Standard of the Breed and the Illustrated
Standard, you can check out the other links too if you want.  :)

There you'll find descriptions of the ideal coat (and rest of the dog), and
it does just what you said.

I'd say our oldest boy Moses has the best out of all our guys.  He's all
white (the only other all white we have is Gwen), can be covered in mud and
when it dries he's sparkly white.  :)  (His coat is straight and rather
coarse although he's soft to pet.)

The rest are pretty good too but Mo seems exceptional....Rajah has a
slightly wavy coat of possibly finer texture that holds dirt a little more.

They do still need the occasional bath to get rid of body oil, and dirt that
may catch to that but they are pretty clean when they want to be, of course
many *love* to regularly play in the mud and oh the craters they can dig.

Later,
Chrissy

Maple Way
William H. Ingram, Jr. and Christina M. McConnell
"Chrissy & Billy"
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Maple%20Way.htm  (Website)
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Cocker%20Info.htm  (Cocker Info page)
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Pyr%20Info.htm  (Pyr Info page)