[pyrnet] Ruptured anal gland

Hi all,
I haven't posted in awhile . . . has anyone on the list had a Pyr with anal gland problems.
Today I had the shock of my life to fined Emmett bleeding from his rectum. I took him to the Vet, worried and shaking…I think I was in worse shape than Emm. The Veterinarians office was packed, and they wanted me to dropped him off with his blanket to wait to be seen. First time I had left him there by himself, but I knew he was in good care. They called and told me that they need to anesthetize him to check things out. Then I called them to do a check in and he was ready to come home…I was so relieved it was just a ruptured gland and not something really major.
They prescribed Rimadyl for pain. They gave him some there, and sent some home. Now I have heard horror stories about this drug, so I haven’t given any to him …all thoughts welcome on this subject.
He seems to be doing fine, but he hid the fact that he was in pain in the first place…don’t know if he is in pain now, and he doesn’t whine. Not once did he ever whine! Is that weird or what?
He is also on an antibiotic Lincocin which will keep down infection until the gland heals.
I have read that this may reoccur and wanted to know if anyone on the list had dealt with this before.
Feel free to share info, and give advise . . . I really need it.
One frazzled Pyr Mom!
Mer