RE: [pyrnet] Chat: Question, Please

I've done some research on Bio-Spot which contains permethrin, which can be detrimental to cats.  My understanding is that it shouldn't be used on dogs that come in close contact with cats.  For more information visit http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/viewers/uc-flearx.htm. or even more alarming, http://www.elversonpuzzle.com/biospot.html which has a cautionary dog tale about this product and a large number of links with information on other problem medications.

Barbara Mattson
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On Behalf Of Pyralive@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 7:08 AM
To: PYR-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM; pyrnet-l-digest@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Chat: Question, Please

~~~~~~~~~~~`Good Morning , Everyone~~
As You know, I recently moved from a subdivision to 2 1/2 acres of heavily treed land~~ An"D" and Dusty  have been on Brewer's Yeast with Garlic all of their lives,
( as were the ones before them ),  the results being
"nary" a flea in sight  !~~~~
So, I said to Myself,"Self" if the fleas don't like the garlic that permeates their skin, neither will the ticks, ( ie:bloodsuckers)"
Every day since I've been here, I pull at least 1 tick off of them~~It's cold right now, I have to ask Myself , What is gonna' happen when it turns warm in the Spring ?
Help ! I know about Frontline, but, it's soooooooo expensive at the Vet's Office !
any other suggestions, Please ??
thank You ,
Pamc

Pam Croy