[pyrnet] Hello again and a few questions

Hello folks- many years ago when I was a novice Pyr person I joined this list and it was extraordinarily helpful. I have been off for many years and am now joining again to ask for help and guidance. My Pyr recently passed away and I am looking into Pyr rescue to adopt this time around but am open to other options as well. I have contacted all of the regional rescue clubs around this area but am able to travel to meet and greet that special new addition. I have searched petfinder and almost everyone has been adopted that I have been interested in (Clarence in Texas and probably Brutus in Illinois, but that is the GOOD news for them!!) or has a policy to not adopt out of area. We do NOT have the Pyr population that the rest of the country has it seems. I am located in Georgia. The University of Georgia Vet School is 45 minutes away.
To let you know a little about me, I am single, have no children, own my own home in the country, have a submissive mixed breed fixed female who is still searching for her beloved Pyr , and four cats (three from the humane society).I teach special education at the local high school. My sister lives on my property 24 hours a day with her horses, cats, dogs, and pet sheep. My dogs are on leash, Pyrpenned, in the house, or supervised directly 24 hours a day. I am looking for a male dog (mine was even dominant male dog! but not with me :) of any age who is a companion and not LGD (although mine took "his" horses pretty seriously this is NOT a requirement for me- but being a part-time couch potato is!) I can provide further information and references upon request.
If this is not an appropriate post, please delete and accept my apologies. You may contact me privately at amemcnair@msn.com. Thank you for any and all assistance. And God Bless the magnificent soul of my best friend Pushkin the Pyr.