Re: [pyrnet] Health: after surgery question

My second question is about the lump that he had removed

Hi Sue -
I wanted to give you some moral support.  I know how terrifying this is.  My sweet baby girl Shelly, had a lump on her chest area, near her right arm pit,  (leg pit?)  the vet removed it and it was cancer - a mast cell tumor.    BUT - this was over 2 years ago - and she is doing fine!!   They told me at the time that if she went 6 months without a recurrence that the chances were really good that it wouldn't recur.
My wonderful vet got the whole tumor and Shelly didn't have to have any furthur treatment. Shelly will be 11 in April!
The week of waiting for the results is nerve racking but I wanted to tell you to try to  keep it right in front of your mind that even if it is cancer - there are lots of treatments available.  Don't lose hope!
I will be holding your Darby close in my heart.

Cat
Shelly & Lily (Great Pyrs)
Sketch, Troubles and Lacy (Great Cats)

Spay and Neuter