Re: [pyrnet] A sad day in our house

I work in a high school, in an area that is mostly rural.  Hence, tons of Pitt Bulls around.  MANY of the kids at school have them and have had them since they were toddlers.  Although everyone swears they are gentle and sweet of temperment, as are their Bull Dog ancestors, I'm afraid I'd never be brave enough to try one in our household with all of the grandchildren in and out.  I'm so sorry about your expeience, but you gave him a wonderful home and the chance at a good life. Children will always come first.  I also hope that your son is not going to be afraid or hesitant now because of the experience.  After bringing in a rescue Chessie, our 6 yr. old gran daughter became afraid of dogs in general.  Seems she remnded him of someone he didn't like & he tried to attack her everytime she walked in the goor.  He went back to rescuse & we got our beautiful Pyr, Angel.  Angel has made all the difference with Samantha's attitude toward dogs now.

Cat

Visit my sites @ The Manley & Sockol Families History and Genealogy and

Cat's Lair, Home of Unicorns, Faeries & Dragons.