[pyrnet] Feeding a picky pup

Hello,
It sounds like Pyr's are, as a breed, very similar in this respect.  I have
learned that Romy (our Pyr) will eat what he needs to eat to satisfy his
hunger and grow.  Quite some time ago I did a poll of this group and asked
for weights of pyr pups by age and sex.  The results allowed me to produce a
few equations that can be used as growth yardsticks.

For females, take the age in months and multiply it by 5.1 then add to it 14.
  That is the estimated weight in pounds.  Therefore, your pyr at 7 months (7
x 5.1 = 35.7 + 14 = 49.7).   Now the female sample size was a bit small but
with the 9 samples I have I get a confidence of about 60%.  BTW: The males
had a larger number of samples and a confidence of 90%.  I would only use
this as a yardstick and only up to 12 months of age.

Anyway, you can see that she is larger than many of the other dogs in my
sample.  The bottom line is these guys have somewhat of a predictable rate of
growth but there is more to it than just comparing one to another.  It sounds
like she is fine but if you are concerned have her checked for worms.

We are feeding our dog Dick Van Patten's Natural Choice and Nutro Natural
Balance.  These ultra-premiums really seem to do well for Romy.  The
ingredients are top-notch and the only preservatives used are cooking,
vitamin E and vitamin C.

I hope this can be of some help to you.

Keith, Soo, Dusty and Romy