Re: [pyrnet] Feeding a picky pup

HA!

My Pyr (Patrick) chewed EVERYTHING as well. (we didn't let him into the living
room). He ate shoes, clothing, towels, his leash, dog bones, the kitchen table
and chairs (no, seriously), plastic cups etc... And he swallowed most of it.

Which explains why he didn't eat much of his food for quite some time.

He's 17 months old now. (quite small/light though) 80 lbs maybe?

He also has a habit of eating the beds that I put in his crate. He ate 3 in a
period of 8 months (with at least a month in between without any bed each time).
The last time, he went for 3 months w/out a bed. (we just put a new one in there
2 weeks ago, and it's still alive <knocks on wood>).

Problem is,

He's much better now, but we went through it all, and at EXTREMES.

He is persistant. Took at least 3 times more work and time to train him to "go"
outside than any of my other dogs. He chewed stuff much longer as well...

And the seperation anxiety!!! Unbeleivable. He went completely insane. He knew
we were upstairs, and even though we would NOT go down to him, he howled,
screamed and barked until he was almost a year old. That has gotten much
better... He still doesn't like being left alone (who does?), and he'll still
chew from time to time, but all in all, it's like we have a completely different
dog.

I was going to get him a friend (another pyr), but I may now wait until he's a
little older before I bring another Pyr into the house. :)