Re: [pyrnet] Feeding a picky pup

Julile, Angel loves socks too~anything soft (to the constrenation of our 8 month old grandson!).  The thing is, she's sooooooo obviously sneeky!  She's never been in the car alone, but I'll be darned if I've seen her touch the seatbelt..she'll come up to the baby, give him a quick hello & off she goes, with whatever plush toy he has hanging around.  I have started using bitter apple in the seatbelts, furniture & drapes (which seems to help) although we can't use them on the toys (since they go in the baby's mouth too).

The simple truth is that she is used to being with us 24/7.  I take her to "Doggie Day Care" during the week.  A wonderful program at the high school where I am employed.  She has tons of friends, human, canine, feline and even a Cockatoo named Angel. She's a VERY social girl.  She has daily playtime with the other dogs, plays on the agility equipment and is brushed and pampered by the kids.  So, seeing it from HER point of view, who wants to stay home alone!  We were using the palyroom as a "pen"...that was until she ate the loveseat back there.  I know that certain traits will remain, but the chewing will pass sooner or later.  We had a Black Lab who lived to be 16, she used to hold someone's possession "hostage" until we returned anytime she was left alnoe.  Never chewed it up, just held it hostage.

Cat

Visit my sites @ The Manley & Sockol Families History and Genealogy and

Cat's Lair, Home of Unicorns, Faeries & Dragons.