----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael & Linda McNeley"

He gave some good pointers, but none applied to Sugar. We would not give
her up. One day we left her loose and just kept our other two
crated....That was the ticket. She was happy. She had a house to look
after and "patrol". She needed the freedom to roam and take care of
things>>

This sounds as if Sugar was claustrophobic and not a victim of separation
anxiety. Claustrophobia is not uncommon in the breed. And it causes huge
destruction. Separation anxiety clearly revolves around the dog being left
alone and the absence of the owner. I have a young bitch who can be very
destructive when I cannot watch her. Worse when I leave her. So she always
gets crated. And she drools like crazy and chews up blankets. I think that
she has a bit of both problems. I absolutely could not leave her loose when
I'm gone, although I have two others bitches loose in the house who are just
fine.

For lots of information about separation anxiety, here are a bunch of links
with more information than you may want. A lot of it repeats. I
particularly like the one identified as (greyhound article) because it is
very "personal":

http://www.healthypet.com/Library/pet_behavior-14.html
http://www.dogproblems.com/separationanxiety.htm
http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/separtn.htm