RE: [pyrnet] first time pyr owner

Hello Everyone,

My question is this…

I have a 3 month old male pyr.  I am a first time owner of a pyr, in the past I have had poodles and rotts.  I didn’t know that pyr’s are such sensitive creatures.  I usually take “Rex” out to the bathroom once through the night.  I have found that when you say “lets go potty” he just looks at me and then lays his head back down to sleep.  I know that he has to go because after we are outside he always wets and I do think that asking a pyr puppy to hold it for an entire night (8 hours) is to long.

Well,

If I pull at Rex in order to get him to stand up and go outside he “yelps So, I find myself sitting down next to him rubbing his tummy and talking with him for a short while.  Then he gets up on his own and goes outside.

Do all pyrs require so much attention and coaxing in order to accomplish a task?  It seems like I have to hug Rex a lot and tell him that his mother loves him.  In fact he seems to seek out human contact.  This is unlike any other breed I have ever had before.