[pyrnet] First time pyr owner

Hi Jennifer,

I too am a first time pyr owner after having owned different other
breeds of dogs.  Our Claude is now 11 months old and an extremely
affectionate dog.  We have never owned a dog that is so lovable and at
the same time so funny.  He gets along great with our other two dogs
too.

Claude came home with us at the age of 8 weeks.  I fully expected to
have to take him out a few times at night.  What happend was that I
placed him in his new crate, he wimpered for maybe one minute and was
gone to sleep.  This was 10:00pm.  I woke up at 6:00am. and he was still
asleep, although woke up when he heard me move.  I couldn't believe that
his crate was dry.  I walked him outside and he immediately went.  This
has been the pattern ever since.  He has never wetted his crate, nor has
he ever woke me up at night to have to go out.  I couldn't believe my
luck, as I had anticipated many weeks of interrupted sleep.  I also was
amazed that he didn't complain more than a minute when placed in a new
crate, in a new environment, without his mother and siblings.

We both are now hooked on the breed!  When our dog numbers will go down,
we'll be looking at getting another pyr, that's for sure!

I wish you good luck with your new addition.

Reni Van Aerden
Calgary, AB