Re: [pyrnet] best toys for pyr's

Our first three Pyrs never played with toys of any type.  They did like
their cow hooves, but a toy -- "what do you think we are, children" was
their attitude.

Our last Pyr, Zhara, does like her toys.  Sometimes too well, as she tends
to chew on them until they start to fall apart.  Shania our TM has a monkey
squeeky toy, and when Zhara got a hold of it and began to chew on its nose,
Shania became upset with her.  So, Mr. Squeeky is now safely put up in the
cupboard.  One toy that Zhara hasn't destroyed is a heavy plastic throw
toy.  It's about 8 inches long, about 2 inches in diameter.  David found it
at the Big Dog outlet show up in Gaffney.  She will get it out of the wire
basket and throw it around until he picks it up and plays with her.
Another "toy" that she enjoys is an old sock.  She and Zhara both will toss
one of our old socks around.  At least it doesn't have any plastic parts
that could harm them, is quiet and if it hits something, that object isn't
destroyed <VBG>.

Robyn Allwright
Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
www.ziffany.com

http://mail2web.com/ .