[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20030313

With all this talk about toys, I thought I'd chime in. Newman also loves stuffed toys, but I don't like to give them to him because I've heard of dogs who have eaten the stuffing and either died or had to have surgery, as it swells and balloons up in their stomach and intestines. That scares me. I've never seen him ingesting any of the stuffing, but I can't be sure he won't. Besides...a stuffed toy lasts approximately five minutes with him. If I do break down and give him one, I watch him every minute. He has a stuffed basketball that he adores (it's the third one he's had). I throw it for him and when he gets it, instead of retrieving it (he is actually pretty good at retrieving and enjoys it...not a Pyr trait, generally) he slings it back and forth, tosses it into the air and catches it...then I have to chase him to get it away from him because he starts to "kill" it.

I get a lot of exercise when he plays with that ball, I assure you! <grin>

Rhonda <and Newman, who perks up and says "basketball? where?>