[pyrnet] Food and toys

I also believe that it is best to feed a pyr puppy a large breed puppy
food.  This type of food is specially formulated to slow down the growth
in the bones of large breed dogs.  If a regular puppy food is given to a
pyr, it 's bones will grow too fast and may become brittle and cause
problems later in life.  I fed Claude Hill's Prescription Diet Large
Puppy Food until he was 4 months old, then switched to MediCal
Adolescent which he will eat until he is 18 months old, then will switch
to MediCal Preventive.  In the States the "MediCal" food is known as
"Sensible Choice".  The reason I prefer MediCal over Hill's Prescription
Diet is due to the fact that MediCal does not use any chemical
preservatives like BHA, BHT or Ethoxyquin, which are cancer causing.

And for toys, I like the Nylabones, as they are quite safe to leave them
with the dogs when gone to work.  Claude destroys other toys in no time,
and eats the material, which I want to prevent.  That is also the reason
why he no longer has a blanket to lay down on, since he shreds it to
pieces and then eats them.  I am too worried that these pieces will
cause problems and may require surgery to remove them.

Reni Van Aerden
Calgary, AB