Re: [pyrnet] pyr smiles

In a message dated 3/15/03 11:19:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, sirving@rogers.com writes:

What’s your favorite pyr moment?

My, there are so many! When Bailey Bear was "smaller" (about 10 months old) we were out in the back yard on one of our scavenger hunts. It was a great day, mild and a wonderful breeze kissing our cheeks. He, always looking for truffles and me always looking to take them out of his mouth. For those of you who did not read my post about Smokey Mtn Truffles, cat poop to you. Suddenly, he stoped....he began to alert....low gutteral growls and then a mighty and loud bark. Scared the bejesus out of me. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was that he was protecting us from. Then I saw it. . sort of meandering around nonchalantly between two trees. With no warning, he charged it, stopping mid way and barking like it was the end of the world. He ran quickly behind me and sat down, peering (giggle) around my leg at the nasty intruder. Then he charged it again, this time getting closer. Again, he ran back behind me for protection and peeked around my leg. Every muscle in his body was taut and tense, waiting to spring. Finally I had had enough of all the barking and charging and barking and charging. I dragged him over to it. "Here, dear Bear, let me introduce you. This is a plastic grocery bag. You will see more of them. They will not harm us. Now, let's get on with our walk!"