Re: [pyrnet] seperation anxiety

I had sort of come to that conclusion and am leaning in the direction of getting her a companion.  I do have to let everyone know that I bit the bullett on Sunday and left her free to roam in the house while I made a trip to the store.  I tucked back the front drapes so she could look out the window without having to eat them.  I covered the sofa under the window with a throw, figured she would have to work her way through that before reaching the actual furniture!

I had an idea that I would come home to find the furniture and drapes in tatters.  Angel was all alone, for amost 2 hours and had not chewed on ANYTHING!  I am so glad that I bought her some treats, just for being brave enough to stay home alone!...she was such a good girl!  I'm sorry to say, I don't remember who made the suggestion that Pyrs are used to roaming and they tried letting their baby loose...THANK YOU!

Cat & Angel

 Shannon Russell <smrussel@neoucom.edu> wrote:

I've found the best thing for Allie's separation anxiety was another Pyr!  As soon as I got Levi she had somebody to boss around and play with all day.  We haven't had any problems since.  Even though she still looks at me in the morning like I've just beat her or something!

Does anyone else with at least 2 dogs have the separation problem?

Shannon, Allie and Levi

Barb Bowes wrote:
00af01c2e8f3$5d01ef20$a69a1340@bamb">
Have you tried getting her a Buster Cube? This may keep her busy in the crate and take her mind off things.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs)
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com

Cat

Visit my sites @ The Manley & Sockol Families History and Genealogy and

Cat's Lair, Home of Unicorns, Faeries & Dragons.