Re: [pyrnet] Snowy CO

We trim our pyrs feet and it seems to help.  We also put a bit of cooking spray on their feet and that seems to help the snow not to stick. It also protects their feet against salt that has been put on the sidewalks.
Susan

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Snowy CO

TJ, our Pyr, and our Cattle Dog, Tucker, had a blast with the neighborhood dogs!!  The only problem-----"snow balls"!!!  LOL LOL  Poor thing, he is very patient in letting me remove them, from very "sensitive places", shall we say!
Does anyone have an opinion about trimming the hairs that grow between the toes?  I think it seems to help keep the little snowballs at bay, but friends with St. Bernard mixes trim them and have horrid problems......just wondering since pyrs are new to us, too!

Deb