Re: [pyrnet] Snowy CO

     Deb: I keep the bottoms of their feet trimmed including going between their toes. This helps, but they still get some snowballs in the coat if they're out long enough, it seems worse in the spring now that the snow has some water content to it. With that I just brush them out as well as I can, and then towel them off after they're inside for a while. None of it seems to slow down their fun outside, and I don't think it hurts them with the undercoat.  Mine are fairly tired as well after smashing down a few feet of snow. You know what it's like if you try to walk through it in a really deep area. My 2 boys decided that they wanted to go in the backyard to see how deep it was, and have a snowball fight. It was over 5 feet in areas. I had to wade out in it to pull my youngest son out who was stuck, and that was work. The pyrs just bounce up, and down in it every morning going after each other playing, until it's compacted to just inches deep. It's really great exercise for them.   Charlie

Charlie,

My boys and I live in Centennial, but are moving soon to Parker.
What do you do for all the "snow balls" that accumulate under your pups?  Poor TJ was walking like a cowboy after a few hours out there!  lol  But boy, were both of my dogs tired out by the end of the play time!!

Deb