[pyrnet] pyrs and thyroid

HI

I was wondering if anyone had experience with a Pyr having a poor
thyroid.  Our 8 yo girl has been having severe problems with itching and
put on 10 pounds this winter.  The vet says these symptoms may indicate
her thyroid.  It's apparently not unusual for dogs her age.  They tested
her and she tested at the lowest edge of normal.

I asked the vet if the test took into account her breed's low
metabolism, and he thought it did, but said he would look further into
it.  He now wants to do another blood test after she fasts.  We do this
on Monday.

Has anyone had to deal with a low thyroid with their pyr?

Thanks

Deb