Re: [pyrnet] Re: thunder

Hi Jennifer, while Angel has shown no fear of thunder, she WAS terrified of being left home alone.  I had the option of using meds te vet offered, but felt that was equal to my being told to take medication every day, twice a day, in the even t I might get a migraine 6 weeks down te line.  The vet and I decided to try Butler's Dog Anxiety Pheromone treatment to see if it worked.

Butler's comes in different forms for both canine & feline.  I have the areosol, like a Glade Plug-in and it seems to be doing the trick.  A friend who is a vet tech assistant suggested it.  Her brother uses their tablets on his large breed for anxiety pertaining to storms and other loud noises.  Since it's been working like a charm for him, I thought I'd give it a try.  The initial expense is $40.00 (+ or -) and lasts for 2 months.  Refills are $20.00.  With the pheromones and some patience Angel is getting over her fear of being left alone and has been in the house by herself for 4 hours now without any problems.

Good luck,

Cat & Angel

 Teresita Ferrara <teryferrara@msn.com> wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

We had a pyr who was terrifed of thunder, he actually could smell it coming.  We tried sedating him, but it didn't work.  What worked best was holding him and assuring him that the storm will pass.  It also worked that we placed him in a room where he couldn't see the flashing, couldn't do much about the noise.  Good luck.

Tery & her pyrs,
Krystal, Buddy, Bonnie & Sasha

Cat

Visit my sites @ The Manley & Sockol Families History and Genealogy and

Cat's Lair, Home of Unicorns, Faeries & Dragons.