RE: [pyrnet] Re: thunder

Jennifer, one of our Pyrs gets quite anxious as soon as she senses a
thunderstorm approaching.  Our vet has given me a tranquiser that I give
her at the first sign of a storm approaching.  Fortunately, it takes less
than 20 minutes to work, as thunderstorms around here can appear quickly.
This seems to take the "edge" off of her anxiety, and she will settle.  Two
weeks ago we had a series of thunderstorms (lots of lightning, thunder,
wind, and heavy rain) that lasted from 6:00pm on Wednesday night until at
least 4:00am Thursday morning.  I gave her one pill just as the storm was
approaching at 6:00 and this seemed to help her all the way through the
night.

My mother's pyr, Candy also was bothered by the storms.  She would let
Mother know that one was coming, and Mother would let her in the kitchen.
Candy was content as long as she could lay under the kitchen table.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com