From: Shannon Russell [mailto:smrussel@neoucom.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 9:50 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] chat:Pet Fair~~an unusal happening

Just to show ya'll that dogs are color blind and it's not color but size
and/or body language.... Both of my pyr's love the dog next door which is a
huge mutant German shepherd.  However the both completely flip out when the
dog on the other side of us is outside.  This fearsome dog is a bischon
(sp?) that weighs all of 8 or 9 pounds!!  Such a fearsome dog!  Actually I
have to be careful walking them because there is another house down the
street that has toy poodles and another couple of toy breeds.  My dogs just
seem to hate the toy (any toy) breeds.

Oh and also squirrels that tease them... I've actually seen the squirrels
throw things at the dogs from the top of the fence and I swear they are
laughing at the dogs!!!  Can't say that I blame them.  It's pretty funny to
see these 2 huge dogs acting like we're being invaded by squirrels.  I laugh
too!

Shannon, Allie & Levi

Barb Bowes wrote:

<< This black dog thing is a lot of nonsense.  I wouldn't use one incident
to spread a rumor about black and white dogs not liking each other.  Sounds
a bit racist to me. >>

Oh Pleeeze! Let's not let this get out of hand! It was one owner relating
her experience with her own dogs as well as others that she has had contact
with in the past. My Chel DESPISES the Pit Bull down the street. She goes
absolutely Ballistic when he walks by. He's a sweet, loveable dog. But she
reacts to his VERY dominant body language. And this Pit is all white. Dogs
read body language and do it much better than we do. They also may react due
to past experience with a given dog or breed.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs)
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com <mailto:bamb@monmouth.com>

To unsubscribe, se

nd a message to  esquire@pyrnet.org <mailto:esquire@pyrnet.org>  with