[pyrnet] re: chat Pet Fair:an unuasual happening

My pyrs best friends are Newfoundland dogs and they always react to other big black dogs in a friendly manner.  Jasmine is hopelessly in love with a big male rottie. She literally throws herself at him.  Its most embarrassing!  We go to the dogpark every day where we meet just about every breed of dog there is and the only ones they don't seem to like are dogs that come up all wiggly and silly (golden retrievers do this a lot!).  They will bark at dogs like that as if to say "Show some dignity for Heaven's sake!" As for little dogs, they just LOVE them, except for a little bichon cross named Charlie.  Charlie used to chase Seamus and nip at his heels mercilessly.  One day Seamus picked him up and tossed him.  Charlie wasn't hurt, but his behavior sure changed!  His owner even thanked us because he was worried about Charlie going for a big dog that WOULD hurt him. Now when we see Charlie (just about every day) he pretends there are no big white dogs there and walks  by without acknowledging them at all! And his aggressive behavior towards other dogs has significantly decreased, although he still tends to bully puppies.
Susan