Re: [pyrnet] chat:Pet Fair~~an unusal happening

 But she
> reacts to his VERY dominant body language. And this Pit is all white. Dogs
> read body language and do it much better than we do. They also may react
due
> to past experience with a given dog or breed.
>
> Barb Bowes

I agree that it's most likely a matter of experience and/or body language.

I have a black (ie dark) wolfhound and a Pyr (as well as another light
colored wolfhound.  They get along fine because they are used to each
other.  Anais sees strange wolfhounds she meets as others like "us" and the
hounds see other Pyrs as like "us."  However, I have definitely noticed
that if I bring the wolfhounds to a Pyr gathering (especially the darker
male) a lot of other Pyrs tend to bark and growl at him.  They see him as
somebody that doesn't belong.  And if I bring Anais to a wolfhound
gathering, there is usually some barking from the wolfhounds, who
apparently see her has someone who doesn't belong.  Generally, whatever
breed or color of dog in dog class accept each other once they get used to
the idea, and are more accepting of any new dog as time goes on.

I think puppy class and continuing classes of some kind are very important!

Stephanie, Ciaran, Anais & Maggie