Re: RE: [pyrnet] chat:Pet Fair~~an unusal happening

Debbie, I have a nylon collar on one of my Pyrs and rolled leather one on
the other three and my TM.  Supposedly the rolled collar does less damage
to the hair.  Personally, I haven't seen any difference between the two.
There are a number of reasons that one would want to use a leather over a
nylon.  With horses it's said that if you leave a halter on a horse all the
time, you should use a leather halter because if the horse catches itself
by the halter a leather one will break, while a nylon one won't.  However
speaking from experience, it's usually not the strapping that gives but the
buckles.  I switched to leather simply because I think they look nicer than
the nylon ones.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com