Re: [pyrnet] HEALTH: water

Jennifer,

Owning only an Australian Cattle Dog until last August, I feared that our new family member, TJ, had diabetes or something when we got him!  My vet just chuckled when I expressed my concern and ran a sugar (just to ease my mind!) and it was just fine!  That's what I get for being a former nurse!  lol lol
Cattle Dogs don't need to drink a bunch, but TJ puts Tucker to shame!  LOL  I recently bought a water bowl that holds a gallon in anticipation of this summer.  I learned it is only to make up for the profuse amounts of slobber and "shoe strings"!  <G>  I have a friend who owns a St. Bernard mix and he drinks even more than TJ!!
You will want to strategically place "drool rags", paper towels and napkins all over your house as the temperature rises!

Debbie