Re: [pyrnet] HEALTH: water

Do any pyr owners observe that their pyr's drink a lot of water?

Is this something new with your Pyr or an ongoing thing?  Anything else going on?  Losing weight, excessive hunger?  Having to go out more during the night to pee?

I don't want to scare you - just something you might want to ask your vet about:

Shelly my sweet 11 year old girl suddenly started drinking tons of water and it turned out she has diabetes.  She was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago, she gets very regulated meals and insulin injections AM and PM and is doing great.  It's simple for the vet to test - just draws some blood from the vein and runs it on the meter.  My vet only charged $8.00, although I'm sure that varies.
Best wishes!

Cat
Shelly & Lily (Great Pyrs)
Sketch, Troubles and Lacy (Great Cats)