From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On Behalf Of ChristineCvs@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 10:50 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Re: Young Pyr's Behaviour

Hi,

My male Pyr is almost 7 months old.  He can be very active and always seems to be testing us.  He keeps trying to get away with things that he shouldn't.  Also, if I correct him for doing something, he'll do three or more bad things right after as retaliation.  A friend said that he must be thinking, "If I got heck for something, I might as well make it worth it!"

Am I dealing with a normal/adolescent puppy?  Will he get better as he matures?  I love him dearly and am amazed at his intelligence - I just wish he wouldn't use it only to his advantage.  We've gone to obedience school.  He certainly didn't do every command instantly, but would after a few seconds - of course we always got into trouble for this because he was supposed to be a good dog and react instantly.

So, I'm just looking for some reassurance that he will be a lovely and gentle boy for a greater percentage of time than he is now.  Has anyone gone through this?

Christine