Re: [pyrnet] Re: Young Pyr's Behaviour

My grandfather and I have 4 pyrs who range in age from 3 yrs. to 7 yrs.
They test us every chance they get.  Anything from barking their brains out
to destroying furniture, specially the 3 yr. old female.  She just loves to
chew on wood, rip furniture cloths and her brother is no better if left
unattended.  We are still convinced the a goat got into the breed yrs ago
:-)  Their Daddy out of spite ate a door frame, part of the interior of our
kennel and half a door.  He didn't like to be left alone for long periods,
so he showed us how he felt.

Be patient, they mellow out as they get older.  You still have to stay on
top of them though because they will test you now and then.  My oldest girl
ate every leash she could get her teeth on, will still try to this day to
see if you are paying attention.

Regarding the obedience training, the training is more for us.  I learned
patience and constant repetition is the key, regardless the breed.

Tery & her pyrs,
Krystal, Buddy, Bonnie & Sasha