Re: [pyrnet] 1st heat in Pyrs

Most of mine have come into season after they are a year old, but we did have one
that came in at six months.  It seems to be hereditary...If the mother came in
late, so will the daughters and usually litter mates will come in at about the
same time.  There is an "old wive's tale" that says that the later they come in
the taller they will get.  I am not sure that  I believe that, but my pup that
came in season at 6 months turned out to be the shortest Pyr we have had and the
one who came in at 17 months was one of the tallest.  On the other hand, many
spayed and neutered Pyrs are taller than their un-neutered litter mates...go
figure.