RE: [pyrnet] 1st heat in Pyrs

Hi everyone.  Hope all had a safe & happy 4th.  I've been reading the posts about females and when they actually mature with some interest.  Angel will be 1 in  6 more days and she's yet to show any signs of going into heat yet.  Perhaps it's because she's still on the small side (only 63 #s & I doubt she'll go much over 70 in her life) and is taking her own time in growing.  Not to fret, she sees her vet regualrly and is in perfect health.  Just a small girl.  She seems to grow in one direction at a time, taller, then longer, then gains a bit of weight filling in.  I was told by the vet that she might get to be 16-18 months before we see he first cycle.  We'll see.
Cat, Angel & Beau "Piddles"!

Robyn Allwright <theashes@earthlink.net> wrote:
Our first female came into season at about 10 months of age. The next two
girls are related (aunt & niece) and the aunt came in season at around 12
months, while her niece didn't season until she was about 16 months. It
will be interesting to see when she seasons again. Her dam only cycles
about once a year. Oh yes, this girl is a very slow maturer.

Robyn Allwright
Ziffany Pyrs & TMs
www.picassosdog.com