Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: shedding

Ginger - do you want us to fib about the shedding?  My darling Gypsy, now 4 years old, sheds constantly.  I no longer use a regular vacuum cleaner because I got tired of changing the bag once a week (or twice, during the BIG blows).  Instead, I use a big old shop vac that my husband had purchased for his wood shop.  I joke with my friends that I'm the only one that has snow drifts in my house year round!  Seriously, though, the worst of it for us seems to be late spring/early summer.  That's when we've got the gigantic clumps of undercoat coming out, and we all take turns running a rake or comb through her hair whenever we've got a free moment.  This time of year, there's a brush or comb in every room so no one that feels inspired has to hunt for one.  Hopefully the worst will be over in another week or so - we're down to the thick stuff around her neck and those blasted pantaloons.  After that, we'll be back to the light non-stop shed that we've grown accustomed to.

Jeanne B.
GypsyunLtd@yahoo.com

Do you Yahoo!?