Re: [pyrnet] I'm A NEWBIE ~

Hi Jay Cee,

I thought pyrs were primarily white too until I started looking at some old
books my grandfather has on the breed. Me, I prefer markings (color) on my
pyrs, but all pyrs are beautiful. You'll see different variations of
coloring from light an to dark gray, the body is white in color with these
colors appearing on the ears, some spots on the body, the base of the tail,
and the face.  My Buddy when he was younger looked like a football player
with black smudges smeared under his eyes.  It actually made him look very
menacing and kept many unwanted strangers away from the house and car.

I like the names you have picked out, it's going to be tough deciding on
one.  Btw, not sure if anyone has mentioned about those funny looking extra
toes dangling from the back paws, those are dew claws.  They don't hurt the
dogs and some people say they do not have any function and some say they do.
There is no reason for them to be removed.  Have fun with him and you'll
have the best guardian for your farm.

Tery