[no subject]

Robyn, thanks for the welcome and the information. I think I have noticed some fading in Beau's markings in the 3 plus weeks we have had him. I have grown quite fond of them, so I hope they stick around or at least return. I have had about a dozen people ask if he is a St. Bernard. When I tell them he is a Great Pyrenees, about half of them look lost.

Thanks for the info on the dew claws. I guess with some Pyrs having 3, it all balances out in the end.
As for the woman we got him from, she swore he was a purebred Great Pyrenees, and I think she was using the "landseer" term, in a more general sense, relating to the colors other than white. She admitted she has been on a crash course learning about the breed since she adopted the mother in her early pregnancy. Since I have no other source than her word, I can't be sure. She may have wanted to enhance the adoption interest that the puppies being purebred would do.  I have some digital pictures of him, and I tried to attach one so I could get some opinions from the many Pyr owners whom are much more knowledgeable than myself, but the email came back to me saying it was too large.

By the way, I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your beautiful dogs.
Frank

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.
~~