[pyrnet] Re:

Hi Frank, welcome to the group and to being "owned" by a Pyr!  I also have a Beau, he's about 10 1/2 weeks old now, we jokingly refer to him as "Beau Piddley"!  He is the second Pyr to come into the family.  Angel, his "big sis" joined us last Dec. 19th and will be celebrating her 1st birthday on the 14th of this month.  You couldn't have found another breed as gentle with children as the Pyrs are (as good as our beloved Black Labs were).  My husband and I are blessed with 9 grandchildren, ranging in age from 1 to 11 and the dogs are just great with them.  I made sure Angel was well socialized from the start and Beau is being introduced to many other pets and people as well.

They DO let us know when someone is at the door and keep a vigilant watch on their yard, but we never have to fear truning our backs on them with the kids.  You should see them in the wading pool with the kids!  what a mess when they get out and find the nearest spot of black sand to rub their wet noses into!

You mentioned trying to send a pic, I have some of Angel & Beau, if you'd like to see them?  They are on Angel's website.  I find myself following them around with the camera as much as I do the grandchildren!

Once again, welcome and you will find the folks on this list some of the most generous, sharing people around.  Guess it goes with sharing your home & heart with a Pyr!

Cat, Angel & Beau