RE: [pyrnet] Jumping in with both paws! SHEEP ~

Some have told me it is much better for him to bond with the sheep, than with me.

I'd say that depends on whether you want him to be a true LGD, i.e., living, eating, and sleeping with the sheep, or a "farm dog", where he divides his time between you and your family and the animals.  Personally, the farm dog role is what I want for Sophie.  Now if I can just figure out how to let her have access to our 4 acre fenced pasture where the sheep, chickens, and ducks are without them being able to get out!  That would be the ideal: she can go in there to patrol, take a dip in the pond, etc., but still spend time in the other four acres where our house and yard are.  I've thought about building a bridge of sorts that she could climb over the fence, but that the other animals could not or would not traverse.  Has anyone out there done anything like this?

Jeff