Re: [pyrnet] Zuni Update and More

With what you're going through with Zuni, I am sure that the Good Lord will see fit to make Bella's problem only a minor one.  You have so much on "your plate" at the moment and have had to face some impossible decisions.  I will keep you and Zuni (Bella too) in my thoughts and prayers.

Perhaps she's been chewing on herslef because she got into something (like ants?).  I know that when Angel had the horrid hot spot the area became totaly discolored from her chewing on herself.  The chemicals in their saliva does this to the white coats.  The vet felt she had been bitten by something, an ant, flea or even misquito, had a reaction and started the whole viscious cycle by chewing on what itched.

Then again, if it is a UTI, it should be easily detected by the vet and as easily cleared with proper antibiotics to treat it, I'm sure.

Here's wishing you, Zuni & Bella the best of everything,
Cat, Angel & Beau

DMB7490@aol.com wrote:
Keep us posted on Zuni - it is a tough decision to make - I know I have been
there with a Pyr and bladder cancer.

Suggest you get a sample of Bella's urine (always fun to follow a big dog
with a small cup) and have it tested by vet for a possible urinary tract
infection. Sounds like you have enough on your plate.

The best of luck to you all.

Diana