Re: [pyrnet] Re:

Hi,

My Cody had also had a biting problem when he was younger.  This lasted up until 7 months of age.  When we would pet him, he'd nip.  If I'd put him on the couch or bed, he'd pull my hair or bite my ears.  I was getting worried that I had an agressive dog.  We did go to obedience school for kindergarten and grade 1 and they give some tips that I did use.  If he was nipping, we'd stop playing and kept saying "no bite".  Also, having toys around is a good idea.  I'd tell him not to bite me and then give him a toy as a substitute.  Then all of sudden a couple of months ago, he stopped nipping.  He will go for toes once in a while, but it isn't an issue.  I think he just had to mature on a Pyr timeline.  It seems like he has been roughly 2 months behind in all developmental stages.

Also, he was the runt of the litter.  At 7 weeks, he was only 5 pounds, while his siblings were 10 pounds.  I think when he came to his new home, he didn't have any pups "bossing him around" so he tried to play the bully.

In the end all is well.  He does make us laugh, scratch our heads, and sigh all at the same time.

As an aside, a co-worker has an 8 year old Pyr.  I took him to the park with her dog and we met up with a 21 month old Pyr.  What a surprise to have 3 Pyrs together!

Christine