RE: [pyrnet] Introduction and question

Jill;
Welcome to the wonderful world of Pyrs!  You will be in love in no time!
Great question regarding a food choice, however, I have always fed mine a
locally made brand called Mounds.  They have 3 brands; one for puppies, one
for adults, and a high protein.  I never even fed Czar the puppy brand; he
grew so fast....however, I do feed my Pyrenees and my Malamute the higher
protein food in the winter months, as it is their favorite and most active
time of the year.  Both my dogs self feed, and never over eat....however,
this past winter they were eating a combined total of 20 cups of high
protein dog food a day and never gained an ounce of weight. This time of
they year, they eat about 4 cups a day combined total, as our Wisconsin
summers are so hot, and they are less active and not as hungry.

Best of luck to you on your new baby.  I, like you, have been dedicated to
an alternative breed (Alaskan Malaumtes) for 17 years, and now have a
Pyrenees which I have had since 8 weeks of age.  I am totally enamoured and
so incredibly in love with him.....and, he and my female Malamute, Raisa are
the very best of friends. Your boxers and your Pyr should get along
beautifully!

Sincerely,
Beth, Czar and Raisa in Rural Wisconsin