Re: [pyrnet] potty accident- need help quick!!!

Diana & Guinevere,

We ran into a similar problem last summer (our 1 year anniversary is August
12!), when we adopted TJ from a rescue shelter.  He had also been a working
dog, but I think he may have been inside more than your gal, just don't know
for sure.
Anyway, he had been at the shelter for 2 months before we found him.  (He
was 5 1/2 yrs. old then.)  Once in our new home, he would just stop and pee
wherever and whenever he felt the need!  And as you are learning, that can
be quite a large quantity!  I found that GENTLY scolding him (they are just
such sensitive souls!) and ushering him outside to his "pee-spot" helped.
There was effusive praise for him when he would go outside to do his
business, and I use the "Go potty!" command for both our dogs.  He finally
made the connection after about a month.  I just got smarter about blocking
off parts of the house when I had to leave so I had less area to search.  Be
patient!  You may want to consider a kennel, but I know that was an expense
I was having a tough time swallowing at that point (not to mention no room
to put it at the time), so I chose to just wait it out.
We also had MAJOR problems with TJ and separation anxiety that we also
overcame with time, much love and patience!  Hang in there!  Guinevere will
show you how smart she is, and she is soooooooo worth all your time and
efforts!!  Just keep the white vinegar handy!  ;-)

Love,
Debbie, TJ and Tucker