Re: [pyrnet] RE: Pyrs with other dogs

In a message dated 8/10/2003 4:20:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bfisher3546@wowway.com writes:

Sam loves all dogs so much and we were wondering how common this type of behavior is among Pyrs.

Shelly has always loved other dogs and all people. She has always been very happy to have any and every dog in the neighborhood over to play.
Lily is almost the opposite.  She is very protective of "her" yard but when out and about is happy to meet other dogs.  She is not very friendly with people but that could be partly due to her unhappy puppyhood.
I believe that it has a lot to do with breeding/temperment and also with how the dog is raised and socialized.
Shelly went everywhere possible with me from when she was 4 months old.  Lily was kept isolated in the back yard and met very few other people or dogs until she came to love with us.

Cat
Shelly & Lily (Great Pyrs)
Sketch, Troubles and Lacy (Great Cats)

Spay and Neuter