[pyrnet] CGC/TDI

Hi,

Someone had asked about Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog testing.

We entered Moses in basic obedience at about 4-5 months old where we attended class once a week for about eight weeks and, of course, practiced at home.

After graduating 4th in his class full of herding and sporting breeds and tying for 1st in the long down, a few weeks later he received his CGC at about 7 1/2 months.

The next year we took advanced obedience where he graduated 2nd over a Golden Retriever and behind a Lab.  A few months later he took the CGC test again at a show where the Therapy Dogs International added in a few more things like wheel chairs, etc. and he got his TDI at about 21 months.

We're very proud of him, he's also pointed toward his championship and I'm sure if we could get to more shows he'd finish....handlers are not an option with him....he has too much fun with me.  :-D  We've been meaning to get his CD (for those who may be newer to this than I, that's the Companion Dog obedience title) but I'll have to refresh both our memories.  :)

It is really fun though and even though I love all our dogs and wouldn't change a thing, I still have fond memories of the days just Mo and I had the whole thing to ourselves.  :-)

Chrissy  :)

Mr. & Mrs. William H. and Christina M. Ingram, Jr.
"Billy & Chrissy"
Route 2, Box 27-A
West Union, WV 26456
You are worth Jesus.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
John chapter 3 : verse 16
BCIngram@hotmail.com
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Maple%20Way.htm  (Website)
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Cocker%20Info.htm  (Cocker Info page)