Re: [pyrnet] Kudos to my guarding girl Mandy

I recently had a similar experience with Garth, my 2 yr old boy. We don't lilve in what I'd call the nicest part of town, but our neighborhood is still fairly quiet. I was out walking the big guy one night, and a couple of kids on skateboards came at us out of the shadows, way too fast and way too close for Garth's liking. His protective and defensive instincts popped out; he was snarling, growling, even roaring, and it was all I could do to keep him back. One of the young men hopped off his board and acted like he was going to get tough (BAD idea on his part). I pulled Garth away while telling him to keep his distance, and heaped alot of good dog praise on him once they were gone. Otherwise, he's a gentle as a lamb; we even walked an itty bitty toy poodle home one night, and he was a perfect gentleman.