From: Kelly Haskins [mailto:lovemypyr@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:13 PM
To: Pyrnet
Subject: [pyrnet] Fence height for pyrs

Hi Everyone,
Now that we finally have a house and yard, I am
working on fencing it in. I am trying to determine how
high a fence I actually need, as the yard is not
typical. It is small and most of it is actually on the
side of the house as opposed to in the back. The house
is also kind of close to the street(a very quiet one,
thank goodness) and I am trying to avoid it looking
like a prison. Therefore, I am trying to go with the
lowest possible height that will also keep pyrs in. I
was wondering if anyone can help me out. Mandy is an
average height female (about 27"), but I plan to add
another pyr to our family within the next year and I'd
like to get a male. I also will not be leaving the
dogs out when I am not home. My question comes down to
this- Is a 4 foot fence high enough? I know there is
no way Mandy is going over a 4 foot fence. Or do I
need to go to 4 1/2 or 5 feet? Has anyone had fences
of these heights with pyrs that can give me some
advice?
Thanks so much for any help on this one,
Kelly & Mandy (pyr)