RE: [pyrnet] Beau's 1st snowfall

Thanks for the heads up.  It probably wouldn't have crossed my mind if my father hadn't had that problem last winter with his Flat Coated Retriever.  His Flat Coated has similarly long fur growing out from between his pads and had some snow/ice balls accumulating from extended snow play.  The traction issue may be a little bit more difficult to control, but I'll do my best.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On Behalf Of Cynthia Willets
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:18 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Beau's 1st snowfall

Sounds like you both had a great time.  As this was Beau's first, just want to remind you to check his pads for ice balls.  Also as hard as it is be careful with that loss of traction, it can bow tendons and give him problems later on.

All that being said I love to watch pups in the snow.  When Maude was first with us, she had her first snow winter.  She would make dog angels and climb snow banks then race down them, head down and butt Zack, like she was a goat.  (Zack has never forgiven her.)

Enjoy! It is a great time in their lives.
Tea

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Free  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/slv/mailtag/*http://companion.yahoo.com/> Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.
~~