Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20031221

or "booby trap" them~save some empty coca-cola cans, rinse them out, put 10/15 pennies in them, seal the opening with tape, stack them on the edges of the counters= dogs jump up, knock down cans, BIG noise !
just a thought > snip
Pamc

Hi, I tried the cans trap with a rescue once.

It worked for the first week. Then he stole the can, and ripped it open. Not only did he get the tape stuck to his nose, but he cut up his jowls getting to the noise makers (the pennies). We were gone for 10 minutes! A sneak attack we thought . . . he opened the back door, and  took the trap to his dog house. His dog house looked like a pirate lived there when we got to him with that can. It was true carnage, and the blood from the jowls had me a little scared so it was a costly vet adventure too. I counted the coins . . . he hadn't swallowed any. Whew!

 I will never leave another dog alone with a can full of coins after that experience.

More time, more time, more time, oh how I wish I had more time. Make the time you spend with them rewarding for the both of you. More praise when you are with them for the good things they do can help the curb the unwanted behaviors, and start to rebuild a new. Please remember ~ ~ ~ the behavior that receives the most attention, is the behavior that will happen the most.

Good Luck!

Merry Christmas all!!!

Mer & Emm