Re: [pyrnet]

Whay the warning against Turkey?  Often vets see sick dogs at Christmas and
Thanksgiving with Pancreatitis brought on by overindulgence in fatty cooked
turkey leftovers, gravy etc.  Dog not used to all that cooked fat, and/or
dogs in a high risk category for pancreatitis (overweight dogs, some breeds
such as Schnauzers etc) can have an attack brought on by their 'special
holiday treat'.  Moral of the story - pets should also indulge in moderation
during the holidays and avoid too much of the bad cooked fats.

Raw turkey?  My dogs love all the raw turkey necks and frames I can get at
Christmas (Turkey is not a big thing here in Australia - very seasonal).
They had the first lot of Turkey necks for dinner last night and I have
quite a few frames in the freezer.  One large turkey frame can feed 3 of my
dogs! <vbg>.  My dogs are of course used to getting raw foods like this year
round.

Tracy Bassett
Murrumbateman, Australia
www.yahoogroups.com/groups/rawpyrs