Re: [pyrnet] size

I was just wondering about weight, too. I had been
told to expect Dirk to stop growing at 2, but he's now
2 1/2 and has gained 25 lbs. in the last couple
months. He's now up to 140. He is still quite lean and
he is definitely getting taller as he gets wider. I
know his father was about 180, so we'll wait and see,
I guess!

Do you have any idea what the adopted pup's parents
weighed? That can be a good indicator.

-Pip
and Dirk

--- Robyn Allwright <theashes@earthlink.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
Actually, depending upon the lines, Pyrs can continue
to mature and grow even beyond the age of 2.  We have
two Pyrs (females) from English lines, and both of
them were slow to mature and put on weight.  Zhara,
our youngest, is about 2 1/2 and is just now starting
to push 90 pounds and to show signs of maturing.  Her
aunt, Zoe, who will be 6 in May, really didn't seem to
"blossom" until she was 5.

Robyn Allwright
Ziffany Pyrs & TMs
www.picassosdog.com