Re: [pyrnet] Romy and the Temperament Test

That is so cool - congratulations! I just read about temperment testing on the web. I didn't know there was such a thing as a TT title.

This may be something even I can do with Lazer - since it doesn't involve having to behave around other dogs, just people... :)

I thought it was interesting that different breeds are judged differently (although it makes sense when you think about it). But i wonder how much "intervention" (for lack of a better term) a Pyr would be allowed to show when the strange person acting aggressively appears?

I don't know what Lazer would do - he's never been tested with any strange situations since we've had him.  He's generally very good with people when we're out on walks- gentle and patient with strangers, not overly enthusiastic, but at the same time he lets them pet him and fuss over him. I think this is typical Pyr personality, from what i've read and seen here on the list.

He does challenge strangers who come around our house though. My neighbor once put his hands on the fence when he came to see Lazer for the first time, and Lazer jumped up and gently pulled his hands off the fence like "these don't really belong here". It was really interesting.

dorcas

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!